Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Temescal Mural Project



Hello Folks,
 This is Abdan. I hope all is well with everyone. I'm really having a great time in the Temescal Mural Project class. All the students have really gotten into it. At first, there were a few students who weren't really enjoying their projects. They were either not satisfied with what their groups had decided on or they didn't feel they contributed enough. But once the ball got rolling, many of those same students became excited and couldn't wait to see the end product. I'm starting to become very interested in murals because
 of
 this class. Ray Patlan is very passionate and knowledgeable about murals and his love for it has made look further into the subject.Just last week, I was in the Mission District and looked at the walls very differently. I've always noticed the murals, but never really took the time to LOOK at them. Each one tells a unique story from an equally unique perspective. I'm glad I could be given this lens to view from.
Thanks!

No comments: